Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh, Mother Mary!

Yesterday ChloeJace went to St. Rose of Lima...OH. Getting in just as the bell rang, it was her shadow day.  She got to spend the whole day acting as if she was a student of St. Rose.  This was a test to see if it would be a better fit, as a school for next year.

I always thought of how I would love to send my children to a private, Catholic school. However I am not wealthy(by U. S standards) and this school is pricey. Not to bad so I am not complaining. ChloeJace is now in and has always been in public schools.  We have been very blessed, Cleveland, GA., Newnan, GA., Louisville, KY., Mount Washington, KY., had good schools.  Of course that is all relative.  The teachers where kind and loving.  The type of teachers that you want to go back to every year to see.  Lima City schools have been a culture shock.  That is not what I expected.  Like most people before moving to the area I asked about schools.  Here is where I went wrong; ChloeJace was in elementary school, 5th grade, here 5th grade is middle school!  Lima City schools are not all bad, I guess the elementary schools are good.  Middle school is a whole different game.  They do wear school uniforms, but the dress code is not strict enough. The school is failing! Not just with the dress code. 75% of ChloeJace's class is failing.  Did you get that 75% of 5th graders are failing!!  What THE dog snot is going on??
22.jpgI don't want to get political but and I know the parents are just as much to blame as the school! This is totally to acceptable.  This area is not wealthy, or affluent but that is no excuse! The state of Ohio has made a voucher system, if you attend a school that is on "Academic Emergency" meaning they have not made state or federal standards for at least 3 years.  You've got to be pulling on my leg! You can get a voucher that you can use to attend a school (public or private) that is not in "academic emergency".

ChloeJace would make her class at St. Rose have a total of 10 kids.!! Yup, talk about more one on one time!  She will get church time, religious ed.  I know there are a lot of opinions about the Catholic church.  When you get a group of sinner together what do you expect?  Not saying it is acceptable, I just think that the media put special attention on the Catholic church.  I know and have hear of plenty of horrible things going on at (insert denomination here).  Will you pray with us, that God will provide us with the funds that it will take to cover the added expense.  ChloeJace has been being bullied at her school now, and this Mommy is a momma bear! Leave my Cub alone.

Shadow day went Great!  We have peace that this is where ChloeJace needs to be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 5th grade in Middle school. Jackson goes to Mossy Creek Elementary and right now it is K-6th. Glad she had a great day!!

    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she like it. Loved your post title....pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete