Saturday, March 26, 2011

Buying Crack for Jesus

I can say that I have never given till it hurts, you know I have never gone without so that someone truly in need could have.  This is as close as I have gotten.  We don't live on a huge budget.  Sometimes I have to save or set aside money for a while to get what I want/need.  shhh! I hide the money in my wallet! I had less the 50 dollars saved but no sure of the amount.

George and I were our running errands yesterday, and there in front of me, in my personal space, was a man that was trying to communicate with me but was deaf.  It was obvious that he needed money, and a bath, among other things.  I did a quick search of my heart, what is this man all about, looking him over I reached into my purse pulled out my wallet and gave.  I gave every dollar I had, I held nothing back.  Which is hard for me, I hoard money away from my husband. Yes I hoard it. Hey at least it is not cats, right?  So each dollar was like my "cat child" that I have been hoarding.  I just let it go!  I almost broke out in a sweat, not because of who I was giving it to but because I had worked so hard at hoarding it.

I know you shouldn't give money, you should give time, you can buy food and bring it.  Bring them clothes shoes, but you should never give money.  whatever  I did it.  I prayed over that money as it was walking away from me. God, I want that money to be used, for good, not for evil. Draw this man near to you, hold him, whisper to him that you love him and you are his father.
Ok, so then it hit me, well maybe, I just gave him enough to buy some crack! AHHH! Who knows I can't go with him to see what he uses it for.  But I don't want to watch the news and hear a story of a man that was given money by people of the community to buy drugs, and now is over dosed and is dead. Another John Doe.  So my prayer quickly took a sharp turn. Lord, if he buys crack (or any other drug) may it be the crack that brings him to you! May he it the bottom, so he can start to climb back up!

I will have to start my hoarding aging.  I was saving to get my oil changed in my car. That is okay. My car can wait, Heaven can't wait, lost souls can't wait!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did for that man. If the Holy Spirit led you to give that man the money, be confident that He will use that money to Glorify Himself.

    I once gave a man a five dollar bill after I saw him digging in the dumpster. He looked at me and said, "God Bless you." I went home. Got on Facebook and organized a drive to collect razors for the local homeless shelter.

    We collected over 200 razors for the shelter. God is Good! :) He can do more than we can think or imagine!

    ReplyDelete