Thursday, January 6, 2011

123 LIFT

Well, I am not doing this to shame or disrespect my husband in any way.  So why am I doing it??  To show how God gives us just what we need.  See we meet and married going on 5 years ago.  I was young and in school with a 5 year old. He had been with Ford Mo. CO. for 10 years, kinda a family thing his father had retired from Ford and moved his family from New York to  Michigan.  He had transferred in to ATL. from MI. to stay with Ford.

So when I was 7months pregnant and on full bed rest and we were told that we had to move (not to mention ChloeJace was about to start 1 grade that week and we had do to it to keep his job) to Louisville, KY.  I started packing and looking for a place to live. That is what a woman does, she picks up and leaves all that she knows for her family.  Brian had to work that whole week, and I only had 2 friends that could help us move!! SHOUT OUT!! TAMMY & CHUCK OWENS. Like I said school started that week, and we didn't even have a place to move to.  But we were packing up.

4ish years down the road.  We get another call!!! Time to move again. To Lima,OH.  You might ask yourself, where the heck is that!! Picture flat, cold, snow, Neil Armstrong!  This time we were told we would have plenty of time (i started packing right away) but they gave us a week again!  Thanks Ford.

Since the last time we moved, Brian has had 2 strokes, yes 2, he has type 1 diabetes.  And ChloeJace has a heart condition, that won't allow her to run, ride a bike, or have an alarm clock without the risk of sudden death. I am not being over dramatic either.  We have been told even with proper care and medication she can suddenly die and need a pacemaker and/or defibrillator, if they get her back.  Brian has always been in good shape, but we have 2 piano's and some solid wood furniture, you know like real stuff.  It had been in Brian's family since the 40's.

Getting to the point.  I am not on bed rest but the packing and the loading fell on me.  This time we didn't have friends that could come help.  Here it is waaiittt for it!
But God
knew years ago, that Brian would need someone with my kinda strength.  The strength to pick up and move.  But also the strength to PICK UP and MOVE!  Is it my choice no... I would like a moving company and to be moving to Hawaii.  Take a look at the things that are hard or that you just don't like, and Praise God!

Thank you God for knowing exactly what I need before I need it

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, your story and the attitude you have embraced certainly highlight a couple of verses in Scripture that come to mind right now:

    "I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, Who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13 (NLT)

    "Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (The Message)

    I love that you are honoring Brian as his strength when he needs it. Little eyes are watching; little ears are hearing; little spirits are soaking in what is being modeled before them. May godliness abound as they continue to mature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outlook, Jenn! You are indeed a strong woman and I agree that God knows how we work in tandum with our partners....God has seen you through a lot and he won't let you go now. I pray for your new territory to be that of rich blessings and where there may be hardship I ask for his grace to cover you at the time you need it. I ask Him for new friendships, new provisions, for better health, for a smooth transition for Chloe and George especially and for a new level of trust and faith in your entire family. May God bless you as you embark on this new endeavor. You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete