Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Heart Month

I am very excited, found out today that I have been accepted to start a new SCAA  (Sudden Cardiac Arrest Assc.) chapter. I probably should be a little more nervous, I have never started a chapter of any kind, except for books. I do know I have a lot of work ahead of me. Just knowing that I can get information out, and AED's where need is awesome!! I signed and mailed the agreement today, so I still have a week or so before the work begins.

SCAA is a non-profit organization and the chapter will be a 501C-3. All donations are tax deductible, we also accept gift "in-kind".  I will have help with the start up through SCAA. But I am more than happy to accept any donations or in-kind to help the chapter get going. For the name of the chapter I was thinking Heart of America, Ohio is kinda the heart of  America. It plays a big part in the presidential races.

If you cannot donate, please pray for the chapter. There are people out there that are walking around with heart conditions that don't know it. I cannot tell you the loneliness I felt when we got our diagnosis finding other like ChloeJace is hard. That also makes finding mother going through it with their children. This isn't just a condition for young people older people can have it too. Pray that we reach the people that feel they are all alone in this diagnosis, that we are able to save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment