Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cheers

In a recent post I mentioned that when I was 11 I was drinking adult beverages. Well, that is not completely true. Some of my most early memories are of me drinking.  You see my father would have parties and I would go around when no one was looking and I would take drinks.  Or the kids would dance around the keg and take turns drinking.  I don't ever remember being drunk or getting wasted. But then I again I was only around 4 or 5 and it is hard to remember everything.

I would get into trouble when I was caught. That didn't stop me. I also think there are a lot of others out there like me. Or I could be way off. By the time I was 11 it was easier for me. I had a brother and sister that were both older and they had older friends. Not that it was hard for my friends and I to get our own. You don't want to know how easy it was for young kids to get booze in a dry county, with a christian college. But it was!

Just keep in mind that my blogs are not a woohoo, or a list of things to do. I just recognize that I have done a lot of things wrong. I know there are more people out there like me, that are searching in  faces and in places. But have not yet looked to Jesus. This might not be your story. Yours may be different. Just know that I am praying for you. I don't need to know your name, I know your pain. I will continue to pray for you.
praying-hands.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment